COVID-19 Customer Update
March 31, 2020
The Coronavirus (COVID-19) has had an unprecedented impact on daily life around the world. At Signature Flight Support, we have moved swiftly and decisively to protect the safety and well-being of our customers and team members, while also taking
steps to adjust and flex our operations to ensure we can continue to deliver a level of service our customers need and expect.
Signature is well known for providing service to the business aviation sector. However, the organization also provides a critical service to other segments such as relief flights (domestic and international), military and government, and commercial
and transport (who move essential cargo). As the world's largest FBO network, we have made the important decision to remain open (where possible) to ensure continuity of operations for these critical, often life-saving services that are essential
during the crisis. The current circumstances require that we continually adapt to the challenges brought on by the global pandemic, and I want to highlight some of the ways we're ensuring our locations continue to remain open, providing access
and services that are critical to global aviation infrastructure.
First, the safety of our team members and of our customers is of paramount importance. To help reduce the spread of the virus, we've made the following changes to the services we offer:
- Temporarily suspended dish and tableware cleaning services, and instead are providing disposable options.
- Stopped valet services, except for customers with disabilities.
- Revised our van shuttle service procedures, limiting the number of passengers to enable increased social distancing.
- Started offering exclusively pre-packaged snack items.
- Removed linens, literature, and most food service items from public and crew areas.
- Modified the common area seating arrangements within our FBOs to accommodate greater distancing where possible, as well as implementing a rigorous cleaning schedule for furniture, counters, and other touch points.
- Recommended submitting reservations through the Signature Loyalty portal, through a base e-mail address, over an ARINC frequency, or via phone.
Second, to ensure Signature Aviation can continue to provide safe and responsive service during this period, we are adjusting our core hours of of operation at certain locations:
- In EMEA, we are reducing our standard operational hours throughout our European network from 0700L until 1900L daily. FBO services outside of this window continue to be available on request with advance notice, and our London-Luton FBO is
staffed 24 hours a day to accommodate off-peak service requests. This decision allows us to concentrate our staff during the busiest part of the day for continued adherence to our safety and handling procedures, whilst accommodating flexible
scheduling for our employees.
- Changes to operations at other locations throughout the network are being made on an as-needed basis and information can be found by visiting our COVID-19 advisory page. This is a key resource which is continually updated with the latest impacts
and safety precautions taken throughout the Signature FBO network.
As always, we are constantly evaluating and adapting our procedures and processes to this extraordinary situation, and continue to monitor and respond to guidance provided by the World Health Organization, the Centers for Disease control, and
local, regional, and county authorities.
Ultimately, it is our intention to remain open and operating so we can provide essential aircraft handling to the communities where we live and serve. We are committed to doing what we can to support the local and national government, medical
professionals, and non-profits who are focused on taking care of those most in need. No matter the type of mission, the Signature team is here to help.
Aviation plc & Signature Flight Support