We have structured our Websites so that you can visit them without identifying yourself or revealing any personal information. If you choose to provide us with any information by which you can be identified you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Information we may collect from you
In general, you can use our Websites without giving us any personal information. However, additional services may be available to you if you provide us with personal information about you. Where you request such services, or choose to contact us through a Website or our social media accounts (eg Facebook, Twitter, You Tube, Google Plus), we may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information that you provide directly to us by filling in forms on the Websites or contacting us (for example in order to receive printed corporate and information materials and e-mail alerts). Such information includes your name, job title, company (and jurisdiction), telephone number, fax number and email address;
- If you request a quote for goods or services using the ‘Request a Quote’ feature available on some of the Websites, we will ask you to provide your name, job title, company (and jurisdiction), telephone number, fax number and email address. This information will be passed on to our sales team who will contact you in relation to your query;
- We may also ask you to provide us with information regarding your personal or professional interests, demographics, experiences with our products and contact preferences for research purposes in order to provide you with further correspondence about our products and services. However, you do not have to respond to these surveys and should you choose to receive such details from us, you may withdraw your consent at any time;
- If you wish to apply for a job vacancy advertised on one of the Websites we will ask you to register before submitting your application. We will ask you to provide information including your name and address, contact information including your telephone number and e-mail address and applicant registration/account details, including your chosen password/log-in. If your application is not successful we will delete all registration/account information we hold about you except application details which we are lawfully permitted to retain in accordance with applicable local law. Please note, if you apply for a job vacancy which is based outside of your home jurisdiction we may transfer the personal data that you have submitted to BBA outside your home jurisdiction, which may be outside the European Economic Area. Your personal data will only be transferred for the administration of your application by your proposed new employer;
- In order to use our ‘Aircraft on the Ground’ or our ‘Fuel Management Program WebFMS’ feature (available on some of the Websites only) you will need to register with us. You will need to provide your name, company and e-mail address in order to register for this service; and
What do we do with the information we gather?
Where you choose to provide such information, we and (where we share with third parties, as set out in more detail below) our affiliates collect, retain and otherwise process this information for the following reasons:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To better understand your preferences and to provide you with a better quality of service;
- To provide you with information, e-mail alerts, products or services that you request from us and which are described on our Websites; and
- If you have provided your consent to receive marketing communications from us (and/or our selected third party affiliates) our representatives may follow up by email, phone, or mail (in accordance with your stated preference(s)) and send you information about new developments or activities which we think may be of interest to you.
Who we share the information with and your choices
Any application, request or enquiry you make may be passed on, or made available to, any member of our group and to selected third parties as we consider necessary to enhance the customer or employee experience, to deal with enquiries and/or for the administration of the Websites and related business, including, partners, successors, subcontractors and agents. Some of our affiliates are based in countries that do not have the same level of data protection laws that your home jurisdiction has. All BBA Aviation plc affiliates, service providers, and advisers (regardless of their location) are required to comply with our internal Data Protection Policy which requires that steps are taken to protect your personal information and for it only to be used for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless:
a) We have your prior permission;
b) We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
If you have submitted personal information through this website and wish us to cease using it for the purposes submitted, please email us at email@example.com.
What if you think we have incorrect information or you would like a copy of the information we hold about you?
You may request details of personal information that we hold about you in accordance with the applicable local law. A small fee may be payable (cheques should be made payable to the relevant company listed in the Websites section below). If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:
Privacy Compliance Office
201 S. Orange Avenue
Orlando, Florida 32801
Data Protection Compliance Officer
BBA Aviation plc
105 Wigmore Street
or by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write or email as soon as possible to the above addresses. We will correct any information which is found to be incorrect promptly.
The Websites covered by this policy are intended for a general audience and are neither intended for children under the age of 13 nor do they contain content typically of interest to children. Nonetheless, if we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal data from a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete that data entirely. If you believe we have inadvertently collected such information, please do contact us.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Whilst we will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information you disclose online. You accept the inherent security implications of dealing online and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless such breach has been caused by the specific negligence of BBA Aviation plc, its affiliates or its agents.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. These cookies help us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our Websites in order to tailor them to user needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Your continued use of our Websites will be treated as consent to the use of these cookies for the purposes described.
We also use the third party cookies detailed below to collect information about how visitors generally use our Websites. We use this information to compile reports and to help us improve our Websites. The third party cookies detailed below collect information for us, not for anyone else.
2 years from set/update
30 minutes from set/update.
End of browser session
6 months from set/update
You may also stop the transmission of information generated by the cookies about your use of this Website and of your IP address to Google, by downloading and installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on available here: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
This cookie is set to indicate whether or not the browser supports Flash, and can therefore display these Flash based fonts.
End of browser session
These cookies are used for analytics purposes and some are linked to the Google Analytics cookies.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better Website service across the BBA Aviation group, by enabling us to deliver content to you as a registered user and monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. This practice is strictly in force. We know that people have concerns about cookies, but we believe that the benefit we both gain from their proper use is worthwhile.
Most internet browsers give you the option to reject all cookies, accept all cookies, erase cookies stored on your computer or be notified before a cookie is stored on your computer. However, if you reject or erase the cookies referred to above some website features or services will not function properly or may not be fully available. Please refer to your internet browser instructions if you want to find out more about rejecting or erasing cookies.
This Policy is applicable to the following Websites (with the company responsible for the data processing undertaken through that Website identified in each case):